10th Giorgio Rota Best Paper Award
Target: Young researchers (born after December 31st, 1987)
Deadline: March 9th.
The Centro Einaudi with the support of Fondazione CRT launches the 10th Giorgio Rota Best Paper Award. Young researchers (born after December 31st, 1987) are invited to submit papers on the subject: Labor, value, robots. Deadline: March 9th. The selected papers will be announced by April 14th.
The tenth edition of the award aims to stimulate outstanding contributions of scientific reflection on the challenges of industrial innovation - and automation mainly - on work and society, also considering the acceleration in labour transition fuelled by the investments for the post-pandemic recovery.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Innovation in production and its effects on work and society
- Emerging trends in work organisation and jobs
- Economic perspectives and value theories on robots and other labor-saving
- Machines, labour, and artificial intelligence: a paradigm shift?
- Future scenarios of the age of the artificial intelligence (or “second machine age”)
- The development of production worldwide
- Public policies and practical solutions to manage the transition
- Contemporary production trends and social dynamics (inequalities, tensions)
The authors of the three best papers will be awarded a prize of 1.500 Euros (gross) per paper (1 author) and 2.000 Euros (gross) for co-authored paper (2 or more) and they will be invited to present their work at the Giorgio Rota Conference that will be organised in May in Turin.