International F-1 degree seeking students who plan to attend California State University Monterey Bay, may be eligible for the International Student Non-Resident Fee Waiver. The primary purpose of the waiver is to recognize international students who display exceptional scholastic achievements and dedication. Recipients of this award receive a partial or full waiver for the non-resident fee portion of their tuition, between $500 to $3,000. These awards are competitive and a small percentage of applicants will receive the scholarships. Students must reapply every year to be considered for the International Student Non-Resident Fee Waiver again.
- Will be studying at CSUMB as an F-1 international student.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Demonstrate community involvement and/or leadership experience in extracurricular activities.
- Demonstrate a history of exceptional scholastic performance (academic awards, honors, etc).
- Good academic standing at current high school or college (minimum 3.0 GPA)
- Applications will open on April 1st and will close on May 17th. No late applications will be accepted.
- Applications will be reviewed in June and the committee will notify awardees by July via email.
- Students must be admitted and pay their enrollment confirmation fee before July 15th in order to accept the scholarship.
- Students must enroll in a full course of study at CSUMB (12 units minimum for undergraduate students and 10 units minimum for graduate students) in order to receive the scholarship award.