For international Freshman Students who graduate from high school (secondary education) outside of the USA:
• International students who are recruited by and apply directly to the University of Mississippi as degree-seeking first year undergraduate students, and who will hold a temporary visa/status in the USA will be considered for International Academic Excellence Scholarships (AES-INTL). They are generally offered on the basis of a student’s academic merit; they vary according to a student’s earned high school grades (minimum 3.25 out of 4), availability of funding, underrepresented country designation, and English proficiency scores.
• Scholarships range from $23,454 to $3,900, or approx. 95% to 15% of undergraduate tuition (= the cost of base and non-resident tuition); or from 55% to 9% of the total cost of study (= the cost of tuition, housing, meals, books, health insurance, etc.)
• Scholarships are generally offered for enrollment starting with a fall term, are non-deferrable and non-transferable, though are renewable, provided academic progression and grade requirements are met, and lawful presence in the USA is maintained. Students may be awarded the scholarship for a total of 4 academic years towards a first bachelor’s degree only.
• Scholarships are generally credited towards non-resident fees and resident tuition fees. They may be combined with other scholarships, but may not exceed the full non-resident fee or resident tuition.
• International students who are externally funded (e.g. by their government) may not qualify for these scholarships.
• Students who apply through OMI are not eligible for International Academic Excellence scholarships
* Note: Information above is subject to change without notice.