The Civil Society Leadership Award provides fully-funded master’s degree study to individuals who clearly demonstrate academic and professional excellence and a deep commitment to leading positive social change in their communities. The purpose of the Program is to identify and support future civil society leaders to engage in local governance and social development. For students from the People’s Republic of China, awards are available for master’s degree study at various institutions across the world in the following areas:Journalism & Media Studies, Law, Human Rights, and Social Policy.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
• be a citizen of the People’s Republic of China;
• demonstrate maturity, flexibility and civil society leadership potential;
• have excellent academic records and a bachelor's degree awarded before the application deadline;
• work experience in a relevant area is strongly desired;
• demonstrate proficiency in the English language, as evidenced by standardized language test scores;
• be able to participate in an intensive academic writing program in July or August 2017 and start their degree program in August or September 2017;
• be able to receive and maintain a visa or study permit for full-time master degree courses (1- 2 years) as required by the host country; and
• demonstrate a clear commitment to return to their home country or region to continue supporting open society development.
The CSLA program does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, or disability.