The KTH Scholarship covers the full tuition fee of a one or two year master’s programme at KTH. Each year around 30 newly admitted students are awarded the scholarship. The scholarship programme has a focus on academic excellence and sustainable development, encouraging students to contribute to a more sustainable society.
Requirements: To be eligible for the scholarship you must be a fee-paying student and have applied for a master’s programme at KTH as your first priority. Students with conditional eligibility also qualify for the scholarship. KTH Scholarships are not available for applicants to Erasmus Mundus and EIT programmes.
Selection process: The scholarship is awarded primarily on the basis of academic excellence and the selection process is undertaken in parallel with the admissions process. Only applicants who fulfil the admission requirements of the programme applied for are eligible for a scholarship. After the applicants have been assessed for admission, an assessment of applicants for the scholarship is made based on the following criteria:
• The applicant's grades (GPA or equivalent)
• The ranking of the university that awarded the applicant's bachelor's degree
• The applicant's motivation, relevant work experience and extra-curricular activities
• The recommendation of the director of the applied master's programme at KTH
• The applicant’s motivation how they will contribute to the sustainable development goals with a master’s degree from KTH