The Pride Scholarship Fund was established to provide scholarships for students who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, or Queer (LGBTQ) OR LGBTQAllies. The fund was created by Phoenix Pride to support LGBTQ students and LGBTQ Allies in furthering their educational goals.
• Resident of Arizona.
• Enroll as a full-time student while receiving the scholarship (minimum 12 credits for undergraduate, 9 credits for graduate per semester) as defined by the school you plan to attend. Proof will be required.
• Graduating high school seniors or current undergraduate students accepted to and/or attending a U.S. Department of Education approved Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) institution that is not on academic probation with any higher education accreditation agency for the 2019-20 academic year.
• Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA in high school, general education degree (GED), college, trade school or other accredited institution.
• LGBTQ member or Ally with a record of involvement in the local community. Does not have to be exclusive to the LGBTQ community but should reflect active volunteering and participation in philanthropic initiatives.
• One additional award available at $1,000 for a student involved in high school sports at the junior varsity or varsity level.
• Financial need as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (www.fafsa.ed.gov/).