Unity One Credit Union is very excited to tell you about offering Bob Bennett Memorial Scholarship 2018. Robert P. Bennett Annual Scholarship Contest is the great opportunity for high school graduating seniors and college students.
Applicants must submit an essay with their completed application.
? Credit Unions are not-for-profit financial cooperatives that exist to serve members, not to generate profits.
“People helping people” is the philosophical foundation of credit unions. As a credit union member, 1) what
do you see as the value of this foundation, 2) what makes your credit union different than a for-profit
financial institution and 3) how would you make non-credit union members take notice?
Please address the prompt in your words. You may use personal or family experiences to help illustrate your points. Be
creative. There is no set template for a winning essay.
• Written essays must be no more than 1,000 words in length and must be written in English.
• Only one essay may be submitted per person.
• Submissions must be original work and may not be based, in whole or in part, on any previously published or third
party copyrighted material.
• No entry fee required.
• You must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
• You must be enrolled at an accredited two-year or four-year college or vocational/technical school during the 2018-
2019 academic year or be a 2018 graduating senior accepted for enrollment in an accredited two-year or four-year
college or vocational/technical school.
• You must have a minimum 2.8 grade point average, on a 4-point scale.
• You must be a member in good standing of Unity One Credit Union.
• Employees of Unity One Credit Union, contest judges and their immediate families are not eligible.
• This is an essay contest and not a lottery. It is void where prohibited or restricted by any law or ordinance.