The Centro Einaudi with the support of Fondazione CRT launches the 5th Giorgio Rota Best Paper Award. Young researchers are invited to submit papers, by March 31st, on the subject: Economic consequences of inequality.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
• economic and political determinants of inequality;
• the measurement of inequality;
• lower consumer spending, stagnation and other economic implications of income inequality;
• inequality and the functioning of market economies;
• the reconsideration of the theories of growth;
• the rising of social tensions/frictions fed by inequality;
• emerging authoritarianisms and the political control by the rich/elites;
• equity vs efficiency economic and ethical arguments;
• policies to alleviate inequality (e.g. minimum income and other redistributive policies; negative income taxes etc.).
A signed copy of the GIORGIO ROTA Best Paper Award application form;
- The scientific paper in electronic format (up to two papers per participant);
- A copy of the document proving the obtained university graduate qualification;
- A copy of an identification document indicating the date of birth;
- A C.V. (either in English or Italian).