Highly motivated candidates are invited to apply for a position within a postdoctoral program that integrates physics, chemistry and materials science.
Purpose and overview:
The work will be focused on the study of borate glass crystallization by X-Ray Difrraction, energy storage and optical properties of glass and glass ceramics
In this Project novel borate glass ceramics will be developed and using X Ray Diffraction the crystalline fraction will be determined.
The Institution is a new thriving Centre developed by Universidad de la República, constructed in 2012, located at 200 km from Montevideo, the Capital of the Country.
• PhD in Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science and Engineering or closely related field, must have completed all degree requirements before starting their appointment, and be within six years of receiving Doctorate
• Demonstrated experience with use of Difrraction Tecnhique
• Ability to communicate in English, Spanish or Portuguese
• Motivated and safety conscious and possess excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills
• Strong record of productive and creative research demonstrated by publications in peer-reviewed journals and presentations at scientific conferences.
• Capable of innovative research with minimal supervision and the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and interact effectively with a broad range of colleagues
• Work with staff and contribute to the production of research proposals
• Background in solid-state and condensed matter physics, and labview experience
For more information, please contact Prof. Laura Fornaro, email@example.com
For scholarship application, please visit: http://www.anii.org.uy/web/node/81