Field: Compound semiconductors ionizing radiation detectors.
Highly motivated candidates are invited to apply for a position within a postdoctoral program that integrates physics, chemistry and materials science.
Purpose and overview:
The work will be focused on the study of electric properties (I-V Curves, mu-tau product), radiation response (spectrometry), and charge collection efficiency of different detectors constructed with compound semiconductors.
In this Project a novel generation of compound semiconductors detectors will be developed using nanotechnolgy, and the results will be compared with detectors constructed with oriented crystalline films.
The Institution is a new thriving Centre developed by Universidad de la República, constructed in 2012, located at 200 km from Montevideo, the Capital of the Country.
• PhD in Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science and Engineering or closely related field, must have completed all degree requirements before starting their appointment, and be within six years of receiving Doctorate
• Demonstrated experience with determination of electrical properties of materials
• Ability to communicate in English, Spanish or Portuguese
• Motivated and safety conscious and possess excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills
• Strong record of productive and creative research demonstrated by publications in peer-reviewed journals and presentations at scientific conferences.
• Capable of innovative research with minimal supervision and the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and interact effectively with a broad range of colleagues
• Work with staff and contribute to the production of research proposals
• Background in solid-state and condensed matter physics, and labview experience
For more information, please contact Prof. Laura Fornaro, firstname.lastname@example.org
For scholarship application, please visit the link below.
Deadline for scholarship application: August 19th.
The initial appointment is a temporary full-time assignment not to exceed 24 months.