The Department of Computer Engineering of Chosun University has an opening for the fall semester Graduate Student Assistantship (BK21 Plus Scholarship Program) for Foreign Graduate Students with the following research focus areas:
1. Image Science and Processing: Digital image processing, signal processing, optical signal processing or Fourier optics, Computer vision and machine learning
2. Computer Architecture: Embedded Hardware Design, Fault-tolerant FPGA architecture, CORDIC processor and applications, High-performance computer architecture, configurable computing
Applicants must maintain a grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, 3.3 on a 4.3 scale, 3.5 on a 4.5 scale, or grades/marks/score of 85% or higher from the previously attended institution. If an applicant does not satisfy the above GPA criteria, he/she will be disqualified from applying to this Assistantship. If the transcript is not indicated in grades/marks/scores format, or is difficult to convert into percentages, attachment of official explanation from the attended institution is required.
To qualify for this highly competitive scholarship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
1. Hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree as of September 1, 2014.
2. For Master’s program (or Integrated Master’s & Doctoral program): students should hold a Bachelor’s degree or a diploma that is equivalent to or higher than Bachelor’s degree.
3. For Doctoral program: students should hold a Master’s degree or a diploma that is equivalent to or higher than Master’s degree.
4. Important Requirements: Official English Score should be over 85 in TOEFL or 6.5 in IELTS.
Interested applicants should send the following things by April 30 to the email address below in the research areas that most interest you:
1) Study plan (clearly stating the research topics you are interested in)
2) Academic transcripts
3) Brief summary of most recent thesis and the status (eg accepted, in progress, submitted, etc)
4) CV (to include names, contact details, education, work experience, publications)
5) Copy of official English score (TOEFL or IELTS score should be submitted)
Items (1), (2), and (3) should be merged as one pdf file with the name Familyname_Firstname_Chosun_App2014.pdf. Item (4) should be saved as a pdf with the name Familyname_Firstname_CV.pdf. Both pdf files must be sent by the stated date and should have “Application for Research Assistantship at Chosun University” as the e-mail subject.