The Global Study Awards recognises studying abroad as a positively life changing experience for many students, opening their minds to alternative ways of personal life and professional career, as well as promoting intercultural understanding and tolerance.
Two study award announcements will be made, with a maximum of five Study Awards granted to students at each announcement point (maximum nine awards in total).
A selection panel comprised of representatives from the partners will review and assess the entries. Strong candidates will be shortlisted and invited for an in person interview prior to the final winning selection. The winners will be announced within 3 months after the application deadline. The time span of the Awards allows for consideration.
The Global Study Awards is designed to support highly motivated, talented individuals who can actively demonstrate:
- their potential to contribute to society through their studies;
- a strong commitment to developing their career;
- their sincere interest in increasing intercultural understanding and exchange.
To be eligible for The Global Study Awards applicants must:
- Be 18 years or over on 1 January
- Have taken an IELTS test at a British Council centre, and receive an official Test Report Form (TRF) issued by the British Council in the last 2 years and before the application deadline
- Have a valid International Student Identity Card (ISIC) and/or International Youth Travel Card (IYTC) at the time of application
- Plan to enrol on a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate programme abroad in the academic year starting January of next year, onwards
- Provide an acceptance letter from the relevant institution
by the relevant cut-off date
- Write a short review of your study experience at STeXX.com
Successful candidates will be willing to engage with the British Council IELTS, ISIC and StudyPortals communities, and publicly share their experiences with other students. The Global Study Awards will be available to prospective students in all countries worldwide. The Global Study Awards will enable the successful candidate(s) to study abroad, on any chosen undergraduate or postgraduate programme at a higher education institution. The Global Study Awards cannot be used by a successful candidate to study domestically.
Please note that your application must be submitted in English.