The Hodgson Law Scholarships were established after the death of Elizabeth Hodgson pursuant to the Hodgson Will Trust.
The Scholarships is to reward academic, professional and leadership qualities.
All university tuition fees will be paid on the Hodgson Law Scholars’ behalf by the Hodgson Trustees. In addition, each Hodgson Law Scholar will receive a maintenance allowance of £6,000 as a contribution towards their living expenses in the UK.
More information can be obtained from visiting the site or contacting the email address as listed below.
Applicants must have completed a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree at a minimum 2.1 (UK upper second) or equivalent standard and be in receipt of an offer to study LLM at Liverpool.
Only non-EU international students may apply.
Applicants should demonstrate the following:
• Academic excellence
• Evidence of an interest in legal and public service which may benefit the Liverpool City Region
• Potential and ambition for future leadership, evidenced by relevant work experience or equivalent
• That they are not otherwise able to undertake a postgraduate degree at either institution
• Potential to use their studies and experience in the UK to benefit themselves, the Liverpool City Region and their country of origin
• Capacity to contribute to the Scholarship aims through making connections with the legal community in Liverpool and its region whilst pursuing their studies in Liverpool and maintaining those relationships after completion of their studies.