Office of the Vice-Chancellor for Global Strategies and International Affairs at Tehran University of Medical Sciences, in collaboration with School of Advanced Technologies in Medicine aims to recruit a post-doctoral Ibn-Haytham Research, Training Fellow. TUMS is pleased to invite qualified candidates to apply for this fellowship position in the department of Neuroscience.
This full-time position is based in Tehran, Iran and provides outstanding opportunities for training and professional development in combining basic behavioral research in the context of clinical applications of the basic science.
The ITAF Fellow will work directly with scientists on projects related to the subtle changes in the pathways conveying information from the eye to the visual cortex and other CNS areas. Examples of research activities include mechanisms of changes in the lateral Geniculate Nucleus of Thalamus in the clinical conditions such as depression, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and clinical applications of such subtle changes. Day-to-day activities might include:
• Collection of information from normal subjects or patients
• Primary and secondary analyses of the collected data using software programs such as Matlab
• Drafting and collaborating on scientific manuscripts, reports, and presentations
• Developing and assisting with systematic review or meta-analysis projects
• Attending and developing training workshops and research partnership forums
Additionally, the post-doctoral Fellow is highly encouraged to initiate and develop his or her own projects, and may have the opportunity to attend national and international conferences.
• Doctoral level training (Ph.D., M.D. or equivalent) with a neuroscience, cognitive, and/ or sensory science or related background is required.
• Strong quantitative skills and experience with statistical software (e.g., Matlab, and SPSS)
• Strong English writing skills
To be considered for this position, the following documents must be received by the Application Deadline:
1. TUMS online application form
2. Admissions guidelines
3. A cover letter (an explanation of your interest in the ITAF post-doctoral fellowship and explain your professional development goals and research interests).
Application DeadlineThis announcement will remain active until the position is successfully filled.