The summer research program offers intensive summer research training opportunities to undergraduate students interested in research careers in the life sciences. We seek to attract the best candidates and thus financial compensation will be provided to cover successful candidates living and travel expenses.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Must be enrolled in a degree program in basic engineering, or life sciences and planning on pursuing a career in the life sciences. Must be in good standing with a GPA equivalent to a "B" grade or higher and should have completed at least 2 years of undergraduate coursework.
The participants will:
* Gain hands-on research experience and training with exposure to cutting-edge research.
* Experience what it is like to be a member of a research community working at the forefront of science, medicine and biotechnology.
* Have the opportunity to apply what was been learned in the classroom to understanding and solving actual research problems in the laboratory.
* Acquire a better understanding of the scientific process and the application of the knowledge gained from basic science research and state-of-the-art techniques to solve complex problems in biology and medicine.
* Improve their critical thinking skills, including learning how to evaluate scientific information, design experiments, formulate ideas and test hypotheses.
* Explore career opportunities in academia by experiencing the excitement, frustration, and challenges of scientific research and gain an insight into what a career in science entails.
* Prepare for future independent research projects and advanced research in graduate school.